Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a monthly comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, guest host Mike Drew returns to crack Gotham City’s #Blimpgate conspiracy wide open, as we talk about Jeph Loeb, Michael Turner, and Peter Steigerwald’s Superman/Batman: Supergirl.
This episode’s explanations, observations, and links of note include:
- So, the New Gods. They’re a whole thing. But there IS a big difference between being punched into or being punched through the Source Wall, I promise.
- Batman: Punking Darkseid since 2004. (Also, here’s live footage of Batman traveling via Astro-Harness.)
- How many times can three people say the word “Crisis” in one podcast? I didn’t count, and I hope you don’t either.
- We are not the first ones to begin unraveling #Blimpgate. When will the GCPD stop pulling the wool over its eyes?
- Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (the animated version of this story) apparently started the tradition of Jeph Loeb animated adaptations getting reworked endings.
If you liked Superman/Batman: Supergirl, we think you might also like:
- All-Star Superman (and our podcast on that story).
- Superman: For Tomorrow.
- Justice League International Annual 2.
If you enjoyed Mike’s time on the podcast, be sure to listen to the entirety of the Battlestar Bros. back catalog and read his one fantastic blog post from two years ago (then, leave him alone). And be sure to join us here next month, when we discuss Blackbird with guest host Suzanne Payne.
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can find Matt on Twitter as @mat_ledge and Pat as @Th3Hypn0Toad. You can also email the podcast at WaitingOnTheTrade@gmail.com.
As always, thanks for listening!