Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a monthly comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, guest host Bryce Manning gets real with us, as we discuss Chris Claremont and Brent Anderson’s X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills.
This episode’s explanations, observations, and links of note include:
- There are many essays discussing the Xavier = Martin Luther King Jr. and Magneto = Malcolm X comparison. These two focus on how those comparisons don’t quite match up.
- We are most definitely going to be reading the House of X/Powers of X collection for the podcast super soon (though not next month, because reasons). I’d highly recommend that you read it, too.
- Magneto: How does he work?
- No matter what Gail Simone tells you, Cyclops’s optic blasts come from the punch dimension. Or at least, that’s what we believe on this here podcast.
- Here’s a quick read on The 25% Revolution, which states that only 25 percent of people have to believe a thing to start bringing the rest of society around.
If you liked X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills, we think you might also like:
- New X-Men: E Is for Extinction.
- X-Men: Days of Future Past.
- The aforementioned House of X/Powers of X.
If you enjoyed Bryce’s time on the podcast, be sure to get matched up against him on League of Legends (where his screen name is DuoMaxwelll). And be sure to join us here next month, when we discuss Ghost Rider: The Last Stand with guest host Tyler Marifke.
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can email us at WaitingOnTheTrade@gmail.com.
You can also find us on:
As always, thanks for listening!