Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a monthly comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, we set ourselves afloat in an emerald sea of sci-fi nonsense, as we discuss Grant Morrison, Liam Sharp, and co.’s The Green Lantern Vol. 1.
This episode’s explanations, observations, and links of note include:
- Which television police procedural do you feel best matches The Green Lantern? We still can’t decide, so weigh in via the comments!
- Some spoilers for Seasons One and Two here, but in this interview, Grant Morrison talks about mirroring television pacing and structure within The Green Lantern, which is super interesting to me.
- DC, give me a poster of this New Oa page!
- This is the music that should play as you turn from page 66 to page 67.
- In case, like me, you did not know about the Pillars of Creation, here’s some info on them. So many references and easter eggs in this book!
- What is the difference between a duchess, a countess, and a baroness? Honestly, it doesn’t matter.
- Because I said I would, here’s a link to some Neal Adams Green Lantern art. Compare and contrast with Sharp’s Hal Jordan.
If you liked The Green Lantern Vol. 1, we think you might also like:
Be sure to join us here next month, when maybe we’ll actually discuss House of X/Powers of X? Who knows; everything’s crazy right now!
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can find Matt on Twitter as @mat_ledge and Pat as @Th3Hypn0Toad. You can also email the podcast at WaitingOnTheTrade@gmail.com.
As always, thanks for listening!