Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a monthly comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, guest host Suzanne Payne is a princess who learns to drop an F-bomb, as we discuss Bill Willingham, Lan Medina, and co.’s Fables Vol. 1: Legends in Exile.
This episode’s explanations, observations, and links of note include:
- Bill Willingham talked a bit about the similarities between Fables and ABC’s Once Upon a Time. His verdict? Once was probably just doing its own thing, and the similarities are coincidence.
- Oh, Wizard Magazine. You were great, and you were terrible, and I still somehow miss you.
- Here’s that Fables Vol. 1 review I mentioned reading while putting my podcast notes together. Their reviews landed a little higher than most of ours.
- I decided that I didn’t want to search up facts about Criminal Minds. It’s a show; it’s on CBS. It stars Greg from Dharma & Greg. If you need to know more, you can always ask Suzanne.
- Spoilers abound in this one, but here’s that end-of-series interview Bill Willingham did with Vulture, in which he talks about why this first arc was a murder mystery.
- Did we end up figuring out the mystery of Snow White’s tree? I honestly don’t know.
- And finally, if you read this volume of Fables with next to no prior knowledge of the series, we want to know whether you liked it! All of us had prior knowledge that influenced our opinions …
If you liked Fables: Legends in Exile, we think you might also like:
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can email us at WaitingOnTheTrade@gmail.com.
You can also find us on:
As always, thanks for listening!