Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a monthly comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, guest host Tyler Marifke crosses universes, as we discuss James Tynion IV, Freddie E Williams II, and co.’s Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
This episode’s explanations, observations, and links of note include:
- Pat’s mom informed us that Pat has been a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan for much longer than he thought!
- These are the San Diego Comic-Con exclusive TMNT action figures Tyler was talking about. They are rad! Totally worth the purchase. I hope he pulls them out of the box sometime. (Also, because I like to plug shops, here’s a plug for Nerdinout, the former home of Tyler’s turtles.)
- Listen, one of these days we are going to be a unified “Ray-sh” al Ghul podcast, and that is going to be a great day. In the meantime, I’ll keep telling Pat how wrong he is. (Even if he might be right.)
- Yes, the citizens of Gotham must still contend with #blimpgate.
- And finally, this is what Tyler’s TMNT tattoo is going to look like!
If you liked Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, we think you might also like:
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III. (a.k.a. Turtles in Time)
- Nova: Origin.
- James Tynion IV’s Detective Comics run. (Which I wrote a bit about at Multiversity Comics.)
- IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics.
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can:
As always, thanks for listening!