Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a monthly comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, guest host Kat Prince does weird science, as we discuss Brian Clevinger, Scott Wegener, and co.’s Atomic Robo and Other Strangeness.
This episode’s explanations, observations, and links of note include:
- I have looked over this Twitter thread on pronouncing comic creators’ names correctly, I swear. If we ever mispronounce your name on the podcast, feel free to yell at us!
- The first time Kat saw this Thunder Megazord transformation sequence, she was super into it. I loved seeing her so jazzed by something that was a big part of my childhood. The fact she was over it by the next episode doesn’t actually matter much.
- It’s official: Kat Prince is a sucker for Free Comic Book Day. We have bought so many comics as a result!
- In case you need some background on the Edison/Tesla feud (as well as some further discussion).
- Behold! Here is the Wolverine panel Dr. Dinosaur is homaging at the end of this volume’s best story.
- 6,000 pounds of pressure per square inch, in case you (like me) needed to know exactly how painful a rat bite could be.
If you liked Atomic Robo and Other Strangeness, we think you might also like:
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.
- Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. (which we acknowledge is problematic)
- The Manhattan Projects.
- And if you want to stick with Atomic Robo, definitely check out Volume Three.
If you enjoyed Kat’s time on the podcast and want to let her know, leave a comment below! I’ll be sure to pass it on. In the meantime, be sure to check out some of the art and writing she’s contributed here.
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can:
As always, thanks for listening!