Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a monthly comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, guest host Tyler Marifke practices some everyday magic, as we discuss Jason Aaron, Chris Bachalo, and co.’s Doctor Strange: The Way of the Weird.
This episode’s explanations, observations, and links of note include:
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Doctor Strange is the best Doctor Strange. #Boxes4Life.
- To learn more about those Ghost Rider books Tyler mentioned, be sure to listen to our Ghost Rider: The Last Stand episode.
- If you haven’t, it’s worth checking out Jack Kirby’s Marvel photo collage pages, most of which featured in Fantastic Four. Chris Bachalo definitely pulled some Kirby collage energy for Doctor Strange.
- Jason Aaron talks a bit about laying down rules for Doctor Strange’s magic in this interview he did at the start of his run.
- Contrary to what 2/3rds of this episode’s hosts might tell you, this podcast does not advocate killing unicorns.
If you liked Doctor Strange, we think you might also like:
- Moon Knight: From the Dead. (Keeping in mind that YMMV on whether you’re willing to read Warren Ellis books.)
- Locke & Key. (Which I’m conducting a running re-read review of.)
- Silver Surfer: New Dawn.
If you enjoyed Tyler’s time on the podcast and want to let him know, you can find him on Twitch, Twitter, and Facebook.
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can email us at WaitingOnTheTrade@gmail.com.
You can also find us on:
As always, thanks for listening!
[…] ran into this same issue again the following month, when reading the double-page spread heavy Doctor Strange: The Way of the Weird. While Chris Bachalo’s double-page spreads were less manic than Bill Sienkiewicz’s, and […]