Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, guest host Bryce Manning joins us to talk sexuality and superpowers, as we discuss the first volume of Yuu Toyota’s Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?!.
This Month’s Discussion Questions:
- If this weren’t a RomCom, would Kurosawa be the perfect boyfriend or a potential stalker/serial killer?
- Do you think Adachi is actually bi?
- Do you think the telepathic powers virgins are given are supposed to give them a helping hand? And would the powers actually be beneficial in the real world?
- Would you trade the ability to have sex for a superpower? And if so, what superpower?
- (For Bryce, who has some background knowledge) How would this material be received in Japan?
- What did you think about the extra material added to this volume?
Did you enjoy this new format and our discussion? Do you have constructive feedback or your own thoughts on Cherry Magic!? If so, feel free to contact us and let us know. Or, leave us a review on your podcasting app of choice.
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can email us at WaitingOnTheTrade@gmail.com.
You can also find us on:
As always, thanks for listening!
So now I’m telling my wife I’m only googling Fertility Goddesses because you guys told me to, will give her exact names and details as well. Will let you know how it goes.