Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, guest host Kathryn Prince speaks our language, as we discuss Fiona Staples, Fonografiks, and Brian K. Vaughan’s Saga Vol. 6.
This Month’s Discussion Questions
- How did you feel returning to these characters after some time away?
- What was your favorite depiction of affection or love in this volume?
- What are your thoughts on the use of language and how it separates/unites the characters?
Explanations, Observations, and Links of Note
- Yes – Saga is finally returning next month. Get hyped!
- And if that doesn’t do it for you, what about tardigrades?
- If you too want some books to add to your reading list, here’s the proposed “Texas banned book” list Kat mentioned.
- I did actually know petrichor was a real English word and forgot. Sorry, Neil Gaiman.
- I love that Kat is so much better/more interested in other languages than I am. Here’s some info about Esperanto, for those who want to learn more.
If you liked Saga, we think you might also like:
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can email us at WaitingOnTheTrade@gmail.com.
You can also find us on:
As always, thanks for listening!