Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, guest host Jonathan Gurney gets railroaded by a stubborn DM, as we discuss the final volume of Kieron Gillen, Stephanie Hans, Clayton Cowles, Rian Hughes, and Chrissy Williams’s DIE.
This Month’s Discussion Questions
- Do you think this volume’s meta-commentary helped or hurt the story?
- Can you go home again?
- Do you think you have found yourself?
Explanations, Observations, and Links of Note
- First off, if you’re reading DIE for the first time and haven’t already listened to our discussion of Volume 1, I’d shamelessly recommend it!
- Do you think Sol sent his die to the past (thus creating DIE)? We decided that he certainly did …
- Here’re some RPG players discussing the pros and cons of railroading, which we (ironically) got derailed by.
- And finally, if our two hour conversation wasn’t enough DIE discussion for you, here are some post-game interviews with the DIE creative team.
If you liked DIE, we think you might also like:
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can email us at WaitingOnTheTrade@gmail.com.
You can also find us on:
As always, thanks for listening!
[…] a bit now, everything has felt like a bit much. (If you listened to our recent Waiting on the Trade episode about DIE, you heard me express this sentiment at length.) I’m hoping that when it’s over, our […]