Welcome back to Waiting on the Trade, a comics book club for people who don’t have time for monthly comics!
In this episode, guest host Trevor Doetsch swings in like a crowbar to the head, as we discuss Batman: A Death in the Family.
This Month’s Discussion Questions
- Would you have voted for Jason Todd to live or die?
- Is the Joker the most impactful and/or best Batman villain?
- Why hasn’t Bruce Wayne purchased and maintained the security of Arkham Asylum?
Explanations, Observations, and Links of Note
- First up, here’s The Beat’s oral history of the life and death of Jason Todd, which is certainly worth a read.
- If that oral history is too long for you, at least take a look at the ad DC stuck in the back of Batman 427, prompting readers to cast their vote for Jason’s fate.
- This is the kind of lighthearted Joker content we’re missing these days.
- Yes, Orca the whale woman does exist. She even may have appeared in better stories recently.
- #Blimpgate! It’s back!
- This is the newsletter in which Tom Brevoort discusses walking back “Captain America uses guns.”
- Here’s Joker crowbarring Jason, and here’s Jason crowbarring Joker. Symmetry!
- And finally, stay tuned to the blog for a follow-up piece about the (fictional) fallout of Jason Todd’s death …
If you liked Batman: A Death in the Family, we think you might also like:
New to the show? Waiting on the Trade is a monthly comics podcast, run by two gents who don’t have time for monthly comics. If you’d like to get in touch with us, you can email us at WaitingOnTheTrade@gmail.com.
You can also find us on:
As always, thanks for listening!
I always liked Dead in the Family, it’s one of my favourite Batman stories.
[…] this month’s Waiting on the Trade, we discussed Batman: A Death in the Family, the landmark story in which the Joker brutally […]